Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 700 customers and more than 40,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes: real-time support powered by 200+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series D company funded by an all-star team of investors including: Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric has over 400 employees and is led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
As our first Security Engineer, you will have broad oversight over the implementation of all application level security features. You will play an integral part in building our security practices as part of our development process with our InfoSec and Engineering teams. This is a high impact role touching on a critical part of our business!
What You'll Do
- Conduct code reviews for security anti-patterns
- Prioritize security threats and propose effective defense against them
- Implement at the application level security defenses to increase our security posture
- Build security best practices into our development process and shift our security practices left
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of software development experience working and deploying cloud microservices systems
- 1+ years of experience implementing security features and practices
- Familiarity with best practice security practices and architectural patterns
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Passionate about security! Constantly striving to learn more about best in class security practices
- Experience working with our stack of Python, Serverless Framework, Lambdas, Postgres, Dynamo, SNS/SQS, ECS
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? We recognize that people with marginalized identities are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet every single qualification. We encourage you to apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out if you’re the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.